Job type: Full time (37.5 hours)
Location: Borough, SE1
Salary: Competitive salary (depending on experience) + OTE
Reporting to: Managing Director
About the job
Akabo Media is a UK based business information publishing and events company serving the supply chain and logistics markets as well as transport and technology.
Exhibitions include IntraLogisteX and Robotics and Automation as well as virtual and in-person conferences for transport, technology, and road user charging.
We are looking for a strong sales professional to work on Logistics Manager, The Supply Chain Excellence Awards, and its other brand extensions. Our magazines – Logistics Manager, Robotics & Innovation and CiTTi magazine – and the Supply Chain Excellence Awards also support our efforts in serving the above markets.
- A strong B2B sales background and track-record.
- Driven by targets – motivated by succeeding and making money.
- Ability to use commercial acumen for business profit/sustainable growth.
- Inquisitive with strong verbal, communication, and reasoning skills.
- Can operate under own initiative yet work as part of a small team as a positive influence.
- Well-organised with excellent planning skills.
- Comfortable dealing with the C-suite.
- Resilient – can handle client rejection and still demonstrate the right sales behaviours (activity, communication, questioning…).
- Operates professionally and committed to excellence in the sales function.
- Deliver budgeted sales revenues across Logistics Manager (print & online) as well as the annual Supply Chain Excellence Awards.
- Manage existing accounts maximizing yields through a value-based sales approach.
- Creating new revenue opportunities (upselling, new revenue streams etc.).
- Active engagement with lapsed accounts to regain sales.
- Proactively develop new accounts through telephone and face-to-face activities (exhibitions, client visits…).
- Day-to-day use of CRM system to record and plan client contacts.
- Formulation of sales strategies with management and colleagues.
- Provide accurate forecasts and sales reports.
- Ensure competitor analysis is undertaken and opportunities acted upon.
- Manage workload (sales & non-sales) and meet all expected deadlines.
- Carry out any other duties that might be reasonably expected.
Key activity metrics & behaviours
- 90 minutes per day on the telephone engaging with logistics/supply chain defined client universe.
- Work closely, professionally and in harmony with editorial and other Akabo Media colleagues.
- Close engagement with the rest of the commercial teams to share information and create opportunities.
- Maintenance of a client focus with a strong daily sales cadence.
- Day-to-day use of CRM system to record and plan sales activities/conversations.
- Be a positive contributor to Akabo Media culture.
what we offer
- 24.5 days holiday (20 days plus birthday day off, plus 3.5 days Christmas), increasing to 29.5 days after one year’s service.
- Free Private Medical Insurance & gym membership discounts.
- Group Pension scheme.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme.
- Social & Company events.
- Modern office near London Bridge.
- Work from home: 1 day per week.
- Opportunity to travel within the UK & internationally (Miami, Brussels, Asia etc).
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training & development opportunities with money contributed towards personal development of your choice.
To apply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.