Job type: Full time (37.5 hours)
Location: Borough, SE1
Salary: £28,000 p.a.+ uncapped commission (Earn a total of £35,000 OTE)
Reporting to: Exhibitions Sales Director
about the job
Are you ambitious with the drive and determination to succeed?
Akabo Media is a growing and ambitious business-to-business (B2B) publishing and events company operating across the logistics, supply chain, transport and robotics industries producing a host of sector-leading magazines, websites, exhibitions, conferences and awards both in the UK and overseas.
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our sales team as a Sales Executive. As part of our sales team, you will receive on-going training and support to help you develop your sales effectiveness, contribute to Akabo Media’s growth and become a well-rounded professional who understands how all the elements combine to deliver excellent media products.
This role is office based & the hours are 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Role and Responsibilities
- Personal revenue generation
- Develop new business through outbound telephone calls
- Account management
- Follow-up on in-bound leads
- Identify new sales prospects
- Exceed sales targets
- Sell across Akabo Media’s portfolio
Essential Skills and Experience
- Sales experience preferable but not necessary, full training will be provided.
- Excellent level of verbal and written communication.
- The ability to keep motivated and resilient in a sales environment.
- Can work under pressure.
- Ability to meet set deadlines and targets.
- Willingness to learn.
- Flexible attitude and able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
what we offer
- Starting salary of £28,000 per annum + uncapped commission
- 24.5 days holiday (20 days plus birthday day off, plus 3.5 days Christmas), increasing to 29.5 days after one year’s service.
- Free Private Medical Insurance & gym membership discounts.
- Group Pension scheme.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme.
- Social & Company events.
- Modern office near London Bridge.
- Opportunity to travel within the UK & internationally (Miami, Brussels, Asia etc).
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training & development opportunities with money contributed towards personal development of your choice.
the recruitment process
- 1st round will be an informal chat with our HR Manager to go over your experience, aspirations and a chance discuss the role further.
- 2nd & final round – 1 hour in person interview with our Sales Director & HR Manager.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org