Akabo Media are seeking to recruit a hands-on Marketing Assistant to join their team. As part of our dynamic exhibitions, conferences, magazines and awards team, you will get involved in all aspects of marketing our exciting portfolio.
We need you to assist in the implementation of our marketing plans, the running of events, exhibitions and awards, managing social media activity across brands, and working with our data to generate a better return. You’ll help generate delegates for events, entries for awards, and subscribers for magazines and newsletters.
You will be a confident communicator, and a highly motivated marketing or events graduate or an individual eager to make a career within the industry. You’ll have an understanding of marketing principles, and good basic computer skills, allied with a proactive mindset, and a desire to learn by doing in a deadline focussed environment.
– Awards: generating awards entries through promotional activity and direct contact; assisting with awards admin, marketing and operations; marketing places at the awards presentation, responding to entry correspondence
– Conferences & webinars: generating delegate leads, and securing delegates, assisting with marketing and operations, responding to delegate enquiries
– Exhibitions: assisting with attendee campaigns, and with marketing and operations
– Magazines/websites: growing subscribers to the enewsletters
– General: producing graphics, house adverts, web adverts, and other materials; updating websites
– Data acquisition, management and prospecting
– Social media activity
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
– Understanding of marketing principles and, ideally, practical experience of applying them
– Experience and understanding of social media use by businesses
– Understanding of databases and how to maximise value
– Good writer, with good command of punctuation, grammar, and spelling
– Sound working knowledge of main software tools such as Excel and Word
– A proactive attitude, with ability to keep on top of the latest thinking and propose innovative methods and activity
– Good interpersonal skills with a positive manner
– A commitment to learning and development
– Confidence in oral communication and face to face meetings
– The ability to be a good team player
AND IDEALLY YOU’LL HAVE:
– Experience of email broadcast software and website CMS
– Experience working with databases
– Experience with design packages such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
– Experience of copywriting
In return we offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to learn and develop your marketing skills across the full range of activities and a lively and friendly team to work with.
To apply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org