Akabo Media is a business-to-business media company, producing a range of magazines, events, exhibitions and Awards in the logistics, supply chain, transport and technology sectors, both in the UK and internationally.
Many of the brands are well-established, successful and market leaders. In the past few years we have also launched new magazines, exhibitions and events in the sectors and seek to increase our activity through organic growth.
Due to the growth and success of the business, we have now created a position for an HR Manager to work within the business to help us plan, coordinate and run the administrative functions. If the past couple of years has taught us anything, it is to think more flexibly about our working environment and working practices, so this role could be office based (as most of us are), or a combination of office and home based. This is a new role so could be either part-time or full-time or may develop as it goes on. What we’re most keen to do is employ the right person as this will be of key strategic importance, not only for the business, but also for the existing and future team here.
- Assist with recruitment and retention of staff, such as sitting in on interviews
- Assist with the writing of job descriptions to attract quality candidates
- Manage the requirements of the existing and future team and develop processes to help Akabo Media offer a better workplace for staff
- Offer orientation and other aspects of new employee on boarding
- Follow up on performance concerns, grievances and other actions with the team
You’ll have experience of
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Recruitment and retention of talented staff
- UK employment law
- CIPD qualification or working towards
In return, we offer you a great team to work with and the opportunity to shape the culture, vision and strategic direction of the team here at Akabo Media. In addition to which we will add a competitive salary plus a range of benefits – which hopefully you will help us shape.
Apply by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com