Job type: Full time (37.5 hours)
Location: Borough, SE1
Salary: Competitive salary (depending on experience) + uncapped commission
Reporting to: Managing Director
about the job
Akabo Media is a UK based business information publishing and events company serving the supply chain and logistics markets as well as transport and technology.
Exhibitions include IntraLogisteX, Robotics and Automation and Sustainable Supply Chain Exhibition as well as virtual and in-person conferences for transport, technology and road user charging. Our magazines – Logistics Manager, Robotics & Innovation and CiTTi magazine – and the Supply Chain Excellence Awards also support our efforts in serving the above markets.
We are looking for a strong sales professional to work on our Exhibitions portfolio – both new and existing.
- A strong B2B sales background and track-record.
- Driven by targets – motivated by succeeding and making money.
- Ability to use commercial acumen for business profit/sustainable growth.
- Inquisitive with strong verbal, communication and reasoning skills.
- Can operate under own initiative yet work as part of a small team as a positive influence.
- Well-organised with excellent planning skills.
- Operates professionally and committed to excellence in the sales function.
- Deliver budgeted sales revenues across our events and exhibitions portfolio.
- Manage existing accounts maximising yields through a value-based sales approach.
- Creating new revenue opportunities.
- Active engagement with lapsed accounts to regain sales.
- Proactively develop new accounts through telephone and face-to-face activities
- Day-to-day use of CRM system to record and plan client contacts.
- Ensure competitor analysis is undertaken and opportunities acted upon.
- Work closely, professionally and in harmony with editorial and other Akabo Media colleagues.
- Close engagement with the rest of the commercial teams to share information and create opportunities.
- Maintenance of a client focus with a strong daily sales activity.
- Day-to-day use of CRM system to record and plan sales activities/conversations.
- Be a positive contributor to Akabo Media culture.
what we offer
- 24.5 days holiday (20 days plus birthday day off, plus 3.5 days Christmas), increasing to 29.5 days after one year’s service.
- Free Private Medical Insurance & gym membership discounts.
- Group Pension scheme.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme.
- Social & Company events.
- Modern office near London Bridge.
- Work from home: 1 day per week.
- Opportunity to travel within the UK & internationally (Miami, Brussels, Asia etc).
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training & development opportunities with money contributed towards personal development of your choice.
To apply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.