Akabo Media is looking for a new person to work in its rapidly expanding events business. We organise major trade shows, two of which we are bringing together and moving to a new venue in 2023, as well as a number of conferences, online events, and industry awards. You’ll be key to delivering these events successfully, and will be detail-focussed, and a great communicator.
As part of our dynamic exhibitions, conferences, magazines and awards team, you will get involved in all aspects of delivering our exciting portfolio of events.
We need you to assist in the implementation of our event plans, running conferences, exhibitions and awards. You’ll manage a variety of suppliers, and deal with our customers – sponsors and attendees – directly.
You will be a confident communicator, and a highly motivated marketing or events graduate or an individual eager to make a career within the industry. You’ll have an understanding of business principles, and good basic computer skills, allied with a proactive mindset, and a desire to learn by doing in a deadline focussed environment.
- Awards: managing the entry process, responding to entry correspondence, running the judging process, and managing the delivery of the celebration event
- Conferences & webinars: managing the systems and suppliers, dealing with venues, managing operations, responding to delegate enquiries
- Exhibitions: managing operations including liasing with exhibitors, managing health & safety, ensuring compliance, and delivering the show.
- General: working with the marketing and sales teams to make our events successful!
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Understanding of business principles and, ideally, practical experience of applying them
- Experience and understanding of events
- Good writer, with good command of punctuation, grammar, and spelling
- Sound working knowledge of main software tools such as Excel and Word
- A proactive attitude, with ability to keep on top of the latest thinking and propose innovative methods and activity
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive manner
- A commitment to learning and development
- Confidence in oral communication and face to face meetings
- The ability to be a good team player
AND IDEALLY YOU’LL HAVE
- Experience of email broadcast software and website CMS
- Experience working with databases
- Experience running events
In return we offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to learn and develop your skills across the full range of activities and a lively and friendly team to work with.
To apply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org