Job type: Full time (37.5 hours)
Location: Borough, SE1
Salary: Competitive salary (depending on experience) + uncapped commission
Reporting to: Managing Director
about the job
Akabo Media is a UK based business information publishing and events company serving the supply chain and logistics markets as well as transport and technology. We recently purchased the Logistics and Supply Chain magazines, exhibitions, awards and conferences from Centaur Media.
We run Exhibitions such as IntraLogisteX and Robotics and Automation as well as virtual and in-person conferences for transport, technology, and road user charging.
The brands are all well established, successful and market leaders. A highly pro-active and forward-looking company, we understand the value of driven and productive people, rewarding success with competitive reward packages.
- A strong B2B sales background and proven track-record for hitting sales targets and generating income.
- Minimum 3 years’ conference sales experience.
- Successfully delivering personal annual sponsorship revenues in excess of £200k.
- Maintain strong business relationships with new clients.
- Have a tenacious, creative and consultative approach to your clients.
- Ability to multitask and use intiative
- Ability to thrive on building new revenue opportunities within a close-knit team
- Ability to sell face to face and over the telephone.
- Carry out any other duties that might be reasonably expected.
- Previous experience in Supply Chain is a bonus.
key activity metrics & behaviours
- 90 minutes per day on the telephone engaging with logistics/supply chain defined client universe.
- Work closely, professionally and in harmony with editorial and other Akabo Media colleagues.
- Close engagement with the rest of the commercial teams to share information and create opportunities.
- Maintenance of a client focus with a strong daily sales cadence.
- Day-to-day use of CRM system to record and plan sales activities/conversations.
- Be a positive contributor to Akabo Media culture.
what we offer
- 24.5 days holiday (20 days plus birthday day off, plus 3.5 days Christmas), increasing to 29.5 days after one year’s service.
- Free Private Medical Insurance & gym membership discounts.
- Group Pension scheme.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme.
- Social & Company events.
- Modern office near London Bridge.
- Work from home: 1 day per week.
- Opportunity to travel within the UK & internationally (Miami, Brussels, Asia etc).
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Training & development opportunities with money contributed towards personal development of your choice.
To apply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.