Akabo Media is a growing and ambitious business-to-business (B2B) publishing and events company. Operating across the logistics, supply chain, transport, and robotics industries, we produce a range of leading magazines, websites, exhibitions, conferences and awards both in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for a Conference Assistant to work with our Conference Producer on existing and new conferences, both UK-based and international. Most of our events are in-person, but there will be some online events involved in the programme.
- Researching markets and speakers
- Writing conference programmes
- Liaising with speakers
- Identifying key stakeholders in industry
- Working closely with sales and marketing to ensure commercial success
- Working with editorial to identify speakers and topics
- Working with the rest of the company to identify new markets and opportunities
who are we looking for To excel in this role
- Degree qualified, ideally in a relevant subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the business conference sector
- Numerate and analytical
- Good writer, with good command of punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Articulate and capable face to face and on the telephone
- Sound working knowledge of main software tools such as Excel and Word.
- A proactive attitude, with ability to keep on top of the latest thinking and propose innovative methods and activity.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive manner.
- The ability to be a good team player.
- Experience with marketing tools such as LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Asana, InDesign, would be a plus
- Free Private Medical Insurance & gym membership discounts
- Group Pension scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Birthday Day off
- Social & Company events
- Modern office near London Bridge
- 24.5 days holiday + bank hols.
- Opportunity to travel to our events within the UK & internationally (Miami, Brussels, Asia).
- Season Ticket Loan
- Dress down Fridays
- Amazing Training & Development opportunities with money contributed towards personal development of your choice
Apply by sending in your up-to-date CV to email@example.com.