Akabo Media produces a number of magazines, conferences, exhibitions and awards in the transport, logistics and supply chain industries. Many of the brands, events etc., have been in existence for many years, some have only recently been launched.
We have an ambitious expansion plan in place and content is at the heart of that plan.
We are looking to take on a bright, hard-working reporter/journalist to work with the rest of the editorial and content team to provide our customers with the best service they can get.
Role and responsibilities
- Feature writing – including researching and writing features, interviewing industry leaders, identifying trends, researching and supplying accompanying images etc.
- News gathering – finding and writing daily news for both print and online audiences, image sourcing, comment sourcing
- Newsletters – creating and populating newsletters of varying frequencies
- Magazine production – Responsibilities include timely and accurate feature writing, news writing, proofreading and passing pages for print.
- Social Media – maintaining a social media presence via standard channels, monitoring success, researching new channels etc.
- Ad-hoc – other duties as required
- Graduate preferred
- News and feature writing experience useful
- Familiarity with Social Media and its use
- Dynamic, proactive attitude
- Knowledge of the industry sector is not important; what is important is a willingness to learn
This is a great position for the right applicant with training, responsibility and variety guaranteed.
To apply for this key position within Akabo Media, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com